Cal-Nev-Ha Division 33 Calendar Page
Maintained by PSDLG John W. Stephenson, Kiwanis Club of Kern, Bakersfield, CA (USA).
Content: This page contains a calendar of up coming events, organization activities and key dates for our Division 33. Date, time and location information on each event or activities is provided to assist you. If you wish to contact us, please feel free to e-mail to the address listed below.
Calendar: 2000-2001 Year
- May 21, 2001
- Div. 18's Kiwanis Club of Tipton held their Official Charter Celebration at Agri-Center HERITAGE COMPLEX, Tulare, CA. Both International President Bo Shafer and Cal-Nev-Ha District Governor were special guests. On March 1, 2001, the club was organized with 109 members. Pictured with Pres. Bo are Div. 33 attendees: PLG Willis Lazelle, PDLG Phil Niederauer, Lt. Gov. Phil Field and PSDLG John Stephenson. (Lower Right)
- May 31-June 3, 2001
- Kern Kiwanis Club's 7th Million Dollar Hole-In-One Shootout at #1 Golf Driving Range (formerly Stroke Cutters). PSDLG John Stephenson & Tammy Lodermeier (South Bakersfield President) are Co-Chairs. The total ball sales were $12,401 ($641 over 2000 & $3,710 under 1999). A total of 291 golfers participated in this years event. Five hole-in-ones were made during qualifying rounds. The Semi-finals round had a total of 187 golfers that qualified 1,485 shots to pin. During the ten-shot Finals, no golfer made a $1,000,000 hole-in-one. The following were closet to the pin: 1st Mike Hawkins 9.44' - $1,000; 2nd Alejo Garza 18.25' - $500 & 3rd Chris Addis 27.21' - $250. Pictured above are: (L-R) Mr. E. Bae (Owner #1 Golf Driving Range), Co-Chair Tammy Lodermeier (Pres. South), Mike Hawkins (1st place winner) and Co-Chair John Stephenson (Kern). (Lower Middle-Right)
- June 22-26, 2001
- Kiwanis International Convention was held in Taipei, Taiwan, ROC, and PG Nelson Tucker was the highest vote count of the 4 running for International Trustee. Div. 33 had 15 attend and stay at the Lai Lai Sheraton Hotel. Pictured are: (L-R) VP Amy McDaniel (Shafter), PSDLG John Stephenson (Kern), PDLG Phil & Ruth Niederauer (Westchester), LGE Robert McDaniel (Shafter), Brandy Barrera (Rudy's grand daughter), Pres. Rudy Barrera (Kern), PP Sunny Scofield (Golden K), and FL Leah & LG Phil Field (Kern). (Lower Middle) Not pictured were: PE David & Deborah Punt (Bakersfield), PE Lee Mathers (Kern), Margi Robertson (Guest) and PE Dick Patteson (Tehachapi). Take time to read the following remarks:
International Pres. Bo Shafer
International Pres. Elect Brain Cunat
International Vice Pres. Dr. Ito Torres, Jr.
First Lady Mary Shafer
First Lady Elect Miki Cunat
ROC Pres. Chen Shui-bian
- August 8-12, 2001
- Cal-Nev-Ha District Convention was held at the Nugget in Sparks, NV. All 13 Div. 33 clubs were represented with 23 voting delegates and 11 guests. The following clubs had 3 delegates: Bakersfield, Kern, South Bakersfield and Tehachapi. Clubs represented by the current and past Lt. Governors were: Delano, Oildale and Southwest Bakersfield. The delegates in the above photo are: 2001-02 Lt. Gov. Robert and First Lady Amy McDaniel (Shafter), PSDLG John Stephenson (Delano), Pres.-designate Lee Mathers (Kern), Pres. Elect-designate Fuchsia Ward (Kern), 2001-02 Lt. Gov. Elect Sunny Scofield (Golden K) and Pres. Rudy Barrera (Kern). (Lower Middle-Left)
- August 30, 2001
- Div. 33 Installation and Retiring Party was held at Maitia's Basque Cafe, 4420 Coffee Road, Bakersfield, CA with Social - 6:30 p.m. and Dinner - 7:00 p.m. Shafter Past Pres. Daniel Knapp was Master of Ceremonies. The Shafter Club had 35 of the 112 in attendance.
- 2000-2001 Lt. Gov. Phil Field (Kern) was pined by PFL Leah after being retired by PLG Willis Lazelle. (Middle)
- 2001-02 Lt. Gov.-elect Sunny Scofield (Golden K) was pined after being installed by PSDLG John Stephenson. (Right)
- 2001-02 Lt. Gov. Robert McDaniel (Shafter) was pined by FL Amy after being installed by PSDLG John Stephenson. (Lower Left)
- September 8, 2001
- 2001-02 Lt. Gov. Robert McDaniel held the Div. 33 Club Leadership Education with Certified Kiwanis Instructor at RiverLakes Community Church, 4301 Calloway, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. All 13 Clubs with 31 Kiwanis were in attendance. Those participating included: 11 President-designate, 11 Secretaries-designate, 1 Treasurer-designate, 1 President Pro Temp, 1 Lt. Gov. Elect-designate, 2000-01 Lt. Gov. and 2 Past Lt. Govs. Thanks to First Lady Amy McDaniel for serving wonderful continental breakfast and lunch. (Left)
- September 30, 2001
- 2000-2001 Year Ends
- August 30, 2000
- Div. 33 Committee Chairs dinner at B&T 21 Street Restaurant hosted by Lt. Gov. Phil and First Lady Leah Field.
- On August 19, 2000 during the Third General Session, Gov. Terri Neumann's Team 2000 were introduced, and Div. 33 Lt. Gov. Ray and First Lady Shelley Hacker were presented a gift by Gov. Terri and First Gent Chris Neumann.
- On August 19, 2000 after the Installation of 2000-01 Team, Division 33 Lt. Gov. Phil and First Lady Leah Field stood by their tree that Gov. Vildibill will plant in San Diego for his Team.
- September 8, 2000
- Div. 33 Installation and Retiring Party was held at Hodel's with 6:00 p.m. - Social and 7:00 p.m. - Dinner. Entertainment show cased the Jr. Miss ladies sponsored by the following Clubs: Delano, Kern, Shafter(2) and Tehachapi.
- 1999-2000 Lt. Gov. Ray Hacker (Rosedale) was pined by PFL Shelley after being retired by PLG Willis Lazelle.
- 2000-01 Lt. Gov.-elect Robert McDaniel (Shafter) was pined by wife Amy after being installed by PSDLG John Stephenson.
- 2000-01 Lt. Gov. Phil Field (Kern) was pined by FL Leah after being installed by PSDLG John Stephenson.
- September 23, 2000
- Kiwanis Kid's Day
- September 30, 2000
- 1999-2000 Year Ends
- October 11, 2000
- Div. 33 Committee Chairs & Lt. Gov. Phil & First Lady Leah Field hosted a dinner for the Club Presidents & Secretaries with Spouses at 4912 Greenbrier Ave., Bakersfield, CA. PLG Ray Hacker was an outstanding bartender. PSDLG John Stephenson with his Kiwanis Daughter South Bakersfield Pres. Tammy Lodermeier who has recovered from her recent illness. Host LG Phil Field welcomed Team 2001 to their home.
- October 15, 2000
- 1999-2000 Annual Report Due
- October 19, 2000
- The first Div. 33 Council Meeting (DCM) was hosted by Bakersfield Club at Hodel's. Lt. Gov. Phil Field conducted the meeting that ended at 8:30 p.m. The clubs represented were: Bakersfield, Delano, East Bakersfield, Golden K, Kern, Oildale, Rosedale, Shafter, South Bakersfield, Southwest Bakersfield, Tehachapi, and Westchester.
- October 28, 2000
- Div. 33 had a Kiwanis Night at Bakersfield College football game. The following clubs attended: Bakersfield, Delano, Kern, Rosedale, Shafter, South Bakersfield, and Westchester.
- November 4, 2000
- Div. 33 Lt. Gov. Phil Field worked with 29 BHS student-at-risk in a 60 tree planting project at Yokuts Park. PSDLG John Stephenson (Kern) worked and provided photos of the project. S/T Nancy Kerns (Southwest Bakersfield) arranged for Little Caesars Pizza Pizza to donate lunch and Lt. Gov. Phil Field (Kern) provided the drinks during the project. Thanks to Connie Grumling, Dean of Students; Ethel Dixon, Community Counselor; Ken Hopper, Teacher; Edna Fisher, Bus Driver; and Dr. Marvin Davisson, Administrative Coordinator for KHSD. (Left) The overall project had 400 trees planted in 2 hours by 300 workers.
- November 15, 2000
- Div. 33 Chair Bill Bush (Oildale) planned the Student Government Day at Norris Road Veterans Hall (Noon) to be hosted by Golden K Pres. Tim Chang. Special speaker will be Mary K. Shell. For interclub reservations, call Sec. Kelly Tomlinson at 281-2028.
- November 16, 2000
- Div. 33 Council Meeting (DCM) hosted by Oildale & Southwest Clubs at the Norris Road Veterans Hall. For more information, call Oildale Pres. Matt Collier at 706-1537.
- November 22, 2000
- Div. 33 Lt. Gov. Phil Field (Kern) attended the Annual Blood Drive at Norris Road Veterans Hall. Free lunch for non-Kiwanian blood givers from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Chair Bill Altmiller (Oildale) reported that 23 pints were given and many more off-site. Special speaker was Supervisor Barbara Patrick on the new airport.
- December 2, 2000
- Div. 33 Lt. Gov. Phil Field helped the Tree Foundation of Kern with the 2nd project at the Bike Trail between Hart Park and CALM (1.8 miles with 600 trees). It included pulling stakes and dead trees (14), pruning limbs, and removing tree ties. The following groups helped: Foundation-12, Southwest Kiwanis-3, EB Kiwin's-3, East Bakersfield High-19 and Ridgeview High-3. Marvin Davisson, Ed.D., KHSD Program Administrator Career Resource Dept., provided the High School Students. Little Caesars Pizza Pizza donate lunch. Lt. Gov. Phil provided drinks for the project and lunch.
- December 21, 2000
- Div. 33 Council Meeting (DCM) hosted by South Bakersfield Club (Christmas Party) was held at Four Points Hotel by Sheraton. Social at 6:30 p.m. with Meeting starting at 7:00 p.m. and Dinner at 7:15 p.m. Sixty-two attended a wonderful evening coordinated by PP Karen Sturgeon and Pres. Tammy Lodermeier. As a complete surprise, PSDLG John Stephenson and her Kiwanis Dad presented South Bak. Pres. Tammy Lodermeier with a Life Membership Status in KI. The Div. 33 13th and Kern's 2nd Tablet of Honor was presented to Lt. Gov. Phil Field (See News for photo).
- January 9, 2001
- Div. 33 Webmaster PSDLG John Stephenson (Kern) had a successful colon cancer surgery at Bakersfield Memorial Hospital on Tuesday at 10:00 a.m. John returned home on Jan. 19 for recovery. Thanks goes to Kern CM PP John Boydstun for organizing John's Guardian Angles that set around the clock with him for 10 days (232 hours). It included 43 people from East Bakersfield (5), Kern (33), South Bakersfield (2) and friends (3). In addition, John would like to thank his many visitors and plants he received.
- January 18, 2001
- Div. 33 Council Meeting (DCM) hosted by Rosedale & Delano Clubs will be held in Delano at the Cuckoo Inn, 707 12th Ave. Delano Pres. Schaivon can be contacted for reservation at 661-725-2849 (H), 661-721-5243 (B), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- February 10, 2001
- Mid-Year South at the Burbank Hotel. Composite Program & Seminar Schedule
- February 15, 2001
- Div. 33 Council Meeting (DCM) hosted by Westchester Club will be held at Hodel's, 6:30 p.m. - Social and 7:00 p.m. - Dinner. Call Pres. Ed Kreiser for reservations at 661-872-5335.
- February 17, 2001
- TOTAL K DAY - Div. 33 Tree Planting at CALM from 9:00 a.m. to 12 p.m. Lt. Phil Field presented a check for $500 to Greg Sanders of CALM to offset the cost of 30 trees planted. The K-Family had 46 members of the 106 participating. Div. 33 Kiwanis clubs were: Bakersfield (6), East Bakersfield (1), Kern (5), Oildale (3), South Bakersfield (3), Southwest Bakersfield (6) and Westchester (3). Our Sponsored Youth clubs were: Bakersfield HS Key Club (3), South Bakersfield HS Key Club (3), Stockdale HS Key Club (10) and East Bakersfield HS Kiwin's (3). In addition the following groups were represented: Tree Foundation (7), CALM (3), Cub Scouts (10), Rotary Stockdale Interact (8) and At Risk Students from Bakersfield HS (19) & Arvin HS (13).
- February 24, 2001
- Mid-Year North at the Double Tree Hotel, Modesto, CA. Pictured in the Governor's suite are: (L-R) Lt. Gov. Phil & First Lady Leah Field, CNH District First Lady Shirley Vildibill and PSDLG John Stephenson. Composite Program & Seminar Schedule
- March 15, 2001
- Governor Tom Vildibill Official Visit at Four Points Hotel Sheraton was hosted by the Kern Club President Rudy Barrera. Gov. Tom had a meeting with the Presidents in the San Joaquin Room at 5:00-6:00 p.m. Spouses and significant others meet with First Lady Shirley in an Belridge Room. Registration and no-host Social Hour - 6:00-6:50 p.m. with Dinner and program - 7:00 p.m. in the Banquet Room. First Lady Shirley Vildibill thanked Div. 33 Lt. Gov. Phil Field for the $1,500 to her special project "HOPE 4 KIDS". PSDLG Lynn Buttcane (Tehachapi) was honored by his wife Pat with a Tablet of Honor (See news for photo). Three Hixsons were awarded: PE Don Flower & PP Bob Lopez (Westchester) and VP Amy McDaniel (Shafter). The first DKA was given to President Tammy Lodermeier (South Bakersfield). Gov. Tom presented 14 DSA to the following: First row L-R: PLG Sherlo Shively (Westchester), PP Mike Taylor (Rosedale), Sec. Steve Kinsey (Delano), Editor Lori Owens (Tehachapi), Sec. Nancy Kerns (Southwest), PP Dr. Virginia Yasaitis (Golden K); Back row L-R: Michael Friedman (Kern), Sec. Lauren Handley (Bakersfield), Treas. Chris Aasness (South), PP Bill Hardcastle (East) and Pres. Paul Linder (Taft); Not in photo: PP Bob Doozan (Bakersfield), PP Bob Moss (Oildale) and PP Larry Wheeler (Shafter).
- March 17, 2001
- Div. Lt. Gov. Phil Field arranged with Marvin Davisson, Ed.D. and Ken Hooper on the 5th tree project. At 9:00 a.m., rework the 404 trees planted on November 4, 2000 at Yokuts Park. Twenty special project students from Shafter HS and South HS, eight High School Staff members, and three Tree Foundation members worked on the project. Kiwanis Div. 33 provided the 16 pizza and drinks for lunch with the help of Sec. Nancy Kerns (Southwest Bakersfield). PSDLG John Stephenson provided the digital documentation of the project.
- March 21-24, 2001
- NCAA Division II Elite Eight Mens Basketball Championships was held at the Centennial Garden Arena. Div. 33 hosted two teams during their visit to Bakersfield. Queens College (Royals) from Charlotte, NC were welcomed by Hostess Nancy Kerns (Southwest) and former Mayor Bob Price. Tampa University (Spartans) from Tampa, FL. were welcomed by CSUB Staff Michelle Heiduk with Coach Richard Schmidt and three players. In the second game, Tampa Spartans (82) beat top seed Adelphi Panthers (68). During the 1st game of the Semi-Finals, Tampa Spartans (84) was defeated by Kentucky Wesleyan (85) in over time. The Kiwanis Div. 33 members enjoyed hosting these two fine Division II Basketball Teams. Photos during the event were taken by PSDLG John Stephenson (Kern).
- March 23-25, 2001
- Cal-Nev-Ha District Circle K Convention at the Warner Center.
- March 30-April 1, 2001
- Cal-Nev-Ha District Key Club Convention in Long Beach.
- March 31, 2001
- Kiwanis International Hockey Night at the Bakersfield Centennial Garden, 7:00 p.m. Bakersfield Condors vs. Colorado GoldKings at a special pricing. Lower Bowl Executive Seating is only $10, and $1.00 of every ticket will go to IDD. Deadline is Tuesday, March 20th.
- April 5, 2001
- At Kern Club meeting, Lt. Gov. Phil Field presented Div. 33 2nd DKA to PSDLG John Stephenson.
- April 18, 2001
- Division 33 held the 2001-02 Elections at Kern County Builders Exchange, 5:30 p.m. with 11 clubs and 20 delegates participating. Judge Robert McDaniel (Shafter) was elected as Lt. Gov.-designate by unanimous ballot. In a contested election, Sunny Scofield (Golden K) won the Lt. Gov. Elect-designate over PDLG Marvin Fuller (Taft).
- April 19, 2001
- Div. 33 Council Meeting (DCM) hosted by Taft Club.
- April 20, 2001
- Kiwanis Club of Oildale presents The Floyd Burcham/Larry McCune Memorial Golf Tournament, Rio Bravo Country Club, Friday, April 20, 2001 -- 1:00 Shotgun Start. Four Man Scramble @ $100/person. Deadline April 10, 2001.
- April 20-22, 2001
- Cal-Nev-Ha District KIWIN'S Convention at the Warner Center
- April 28, 2001
- Kiwanis Div. 33 Lt. Gov. Phil Field working with the KHSD Career Resource Dept. (8) and the Tree Foundation (5) planted 103 trees on the bike trail between CALM and Hart Park in a 3-hour period. The schools providing help were: Vista / Vista West & Migrant Kids (35), North HS (10), Shafter HS (20), Arvin HS (20) and REAP - out of school (10). Kiwanis Div. 33 provided lunch: 48 pizzas, 6 cases of water, 4 cases Dr. Pepper, 3 cases Pepsi, 1 case Diet Pepsi, 160 bags of corn nuts and 192 candy bars.
- April 28-29, 2001
- The American Cancer Society - Relay For Life was held at Cal State Bakersfield Soccer Fields. A total of 850 cancer survivors walked the first lap on Saturday morning at 9 a.m. with the following Kiwanis Div. 33 cancer survivors: (L-R) PSDLG John Stephenson, Bettie Wells & Div. 33 FL Leah Field (Kern); Amy Ainsworth (Bakersfield); and Charlie Evens (Southwest guest). (Lower Right) Div. 33 Team had 25 out of the 2470 participants for the 24 hour event. At the Div. 33 team site #138 with the K sign, are Fuchsia Ward (Kern) and Sheila Hayden (Bakersfield). Div. 33 Lt. Gov. Phil Field (Kern) thanked Kiwanis coordinator Nancy Kerns (Southwest) for her tireless effort and for being the top fund raiser with $1,045 of the team's $8,000. PSDLG John Stephenson is back to health with a 3 hour walk in the last hours. At the closing ceremonies on Sunday morning, the team participants heard that the 2001 Relay for Life raised $700,000 an increase of $100,000 over last year with their help.
- July 19, 2001
- Div. 33 Council Meeting (DCM) hosted by Tehachapi Club will held at Stallion Springs Lodge (Chapp's Restaurant) following their 6th Annual Golf Tournament held at Horse Thief Country Club. The time schedule is as follows: 6:30 p.m. - Social; 7:00 p.m. - Dinner; 7:30 p.m. - Begin DCM; & 8:30 p.m. End DCM.
- May 17, 2001
- Div. 33 Council Meeting (DCM) hosted by East & Golden K Clubs.
Division Home Page / Membership Info Request/ Previous / Next
Page last updated by PSDLG John W. Stephenson (email@example.com) on 10/7/01 11:35 AM (PDT).